Weight*551 lbs (25" Shaft)
4.2L V6 300hp Specs
Engine Type: V6
Bore x Stroke: 96 x 96mm (3.78 x 3.78 in)
Prop Shaft Horsepower: 300hp at 5500 RPM
Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 - 6000 RPM
Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 70 Amp
Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
Fuel Induction System: EFI
Weight*: 254 kg (562 lbs) - 260 kg (575 lbs)
Recommended Fuel: Octane 89
Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel / Water Separating Filter (external)
Warranty: Limited 3-year Pleasure, 3-year Government, 1-Year Commercial
About the 4.2L V6 300hp
The award-winning 4.2-liter F300 is the king of our V6’s. Weighing in at only 562 pounds (digital) and 551 pounds (mechanical), it’s up to 73 pounds lighter than some competitors. Plus, it’s up to 19 percent faster at cruise RPM**. It’s easy to see why it’s the top choice for offshore performance.
- Compatible with mechanical (25” shaft) or digital controls
- Recommended fuel: 89 Octane
- Shaft lengths available: 25”, 30” and 35” (35” on F300 DEC only)
- Alternator output: up to 70 amp
- Now available in signature Yamaha gray or new pearlescent white
* Weight refers to shortest shaft length, and is measured without motor oil, gearcase oil and propeller (except models 25 hp and under, which include a standard propeller).
** Testing conducted by Yamaha at Yamaha’s test facility on a Grady-White® 257 Advance, with each boat rigged for maximum performance.