We're thrilled that you’re interested in joining our team. For more than 50 years, Tri‑State Marine has been the hallmark of leading boat dealers in the area — proudly serving the Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland communities. We offer expert boat, motor and electronics sales and marine services for only the industry’s best brands, including Grady-White, Parker Offshore, Sea Pro, Yamaha Outboards, Garmin Marine Electronics, Fusion Marine Audio and EZ Loader Trailers.
Our decades of success has relied on a simple, yet enduring formula - to recruit and retain the industry's best talent who "always do the right thing," by each other and our ever-loyal customers. We've been rewarded with a team, many whom have been with Tri‑State Marine for more than 25 years, who are smart, dedicated, passionate about their work and take pride in a job well-done. This contributes to a culture of learning and growth — not to mention a fun place to work. As affirmation, we've recently received recognition by the Marine Retailer Association as one of their "Great Dealerships to Work For" — an incredibly proud moment for the company and certainly a testament to our passion for our people. Even more, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an enviable number of paid holidays.
Our current openings are listed below. If you are confident that you're the right fit for us and we're the right fit for you, please send us your qualifications or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Availability: Full Time
The Parts Manager is responsible for overseeing the Parts and Accessories department, including Tri-State Marine’s current Marine Store. The Parts Manager oversees inventory management and parts department business operations while building strong and enduring manufacturer, supplier, customer and internal relationships.
- Create Parts Department annual plan and monitors the key vital signs of the business and adjusts as needed — Inventory levels, seasonal trends, profitability, expense, etc.
- Maintain accurate records of sales, inventory and orders through new dealer management system.
- Builds and maintains positive customer relationships to strengthen loyalty and enhance dealer reputation. Resolves customer complaints or concerns in a timely manner and always looks for ways to better serve our customers.
- Maintain relationships with manufacturers, current suppliers while sourcing new suppliers that are cost efficient and high quality. Negotiate competitive pricing where necessary.
- Assist Service Manager, Service Advisors and technicians to ensure timely turnaround of parts to be utilized for work orders.
- Identifies the customer needs and fulfills them by helping customers select the best parts and/or accessory solutions. Assist customers by phone, internet, and in person with price quotes and parts sales. Effectively communicates with customers on a timely basis, keeping them proactively informed of the status of their order.
- Maintains neat and orderly displays, with accessories and supplies well merchandised to present a professional appearance and increase sales. Develop competitive retail parts pricing policies.
- Maintains inventory storage system for equipment location, bin locations, bin numbering, bin tags, etc.
- Develop procedures and management reports that allow prompt, complete and accurate feedback on inventory condition, such as turnover, obsolescence, part aging, lost sales, etc. Where appropriate, utilize Ebay and other sources to reduce parts that are obsolete/over aged to reduce inventory costs.
- Ensures accuracy of inventory, controls shrinkage and obsolescence. Coordinate and execute a physical inventory bi-annually. Perform regular inventory spot checks.
- Assist in specific policies and procedures necessary to provide effective and timely warranty service. Assist in the preparation of all service repair orders and warranty repair orders. Review monthly manufacturer statements for proper credit of warranty parts.
- Understand and comply with federal, state, and local regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, OSHA, Right-to-Know, etc.
- Always provides excellent customer service. Communicate effectively with internal and external customers to determine their parts needs.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with internal and external customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Ensures that customer complaints are handled tactfully, promptly, with genuine concern, and according to dealership’s guidelines.
- Takes the initiative to exceed customer satisfaction, even if it requires overcoming obstacles.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the Service Department and other departments.
Education & Experience Requirements:
The education and experience requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required to perform the primary duties and responsibilities successfully.
- Minimum of High School degree or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Five to ten years’ experience in marine repair or service facility required.
- Good administrative, planning, and organizational skills.
- Must have working knowledge of marine parts and component.
- Computer system skills a must.
Availability: Full Time 5.5 days (Mon. - Sat.)
- Clean boats & trucks
- Help move and block boats
- General boat yard maintenance duties
- Boat yard experience preferred
- Good physical condition
- Detail oriented & courteous towards others