We're thrilled that you’re interested in joining our team. For more than 50 years, Tri‑State Marine has been the hallmark of leading boat dealers in the area — proudly serving the Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland communities. We offer expert boat, motor and electronics sales and marine services for only the industry’s best brands, including Grady-White, Parker Offshore, Sea Pro, Yamaha Outboards, Garmin Marine Electronics, Fusion Marine Audio and EZ Loader Trailers.
Our decades of success has relied on a simple, yet enduring formula - to recruit and retain the industry's best talent who "always do the right thing," by each other and our ever-loyal customers. We've been rewarded with a team, many whom have been with Tri‑State Marine for more than 25 years, who are smart, dedicated, passionate about their work and take pride in a job well-done. This contributes to a culture of learning and growth — not to mention a fun place to work. As affirmation, we've recently received recognition by the Marine Retailer Association as one of their "Great Dealerships to Work For" — an incredibly proud moment for the company and certainly a testament to our passion for our people. Even more, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an enviable number of paid holidays.
Our current openings are listed below. If you are confident that you're the right fit for us and we're the right fit for you, please send us your qualifications or resume to email@example.com.
Junior Marine Tech / Apprentice
Availability: Full Time
Do you consider yourself to be mechanical and tech minded? Do you have an interest in working on boats, in the marine industry for one of the country's best boat dealers - representing the very best boat brands? If so, we have an incredible opportunity for you to learn and grow into a new career - one that is in great demand in the Chesapeake Bay Region.
Tri-State Marine is looking for a Junior Marine Tech/ Apprentice to help in light boat and motor mechanical jobs and in supporting our overall senior tech and service department. Come learn from the best and work with the best.
- High School or equivalent
- Tech minded, mechanical
- Ability to learn and grown into greater tech role
- Experience or Interest in boats, motors and marine industry
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary, commensurate with experience
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance available
- Profit Sharing Plan / Annual Bonus Program
- Great working environment & team
Tackle Shop & Dock Attendant
Availability: Part Time (Seasonal) - 20 Hours per week
- Assist retail customers with their tackle shop needs
- Check inventory and restock merchandise, handle and package bait
- Help customers with docking of vessels and with purchases in Tackle Shop
- Assist with rental boat operations - assisting customers, ensuring equipment organization, cleaning boats
- Overseeing fuel operations (opening/ closing, payment transactions, service vessel rotations, etc.)
- Ensure proper record keeping of all Tackle Shop, Fuel and Rental Boat Sales
- Maintain clean and organized store and warehouse
- Other duties as assigned
- Fishing and crabbing knowledge (helpful, but not required)
- Ability to work well with others
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to perform strenuous work, requiring agility and endurance
- Detail oriented, customer centric and courteous towards others