Weight*126 lbs (15" Shaft)
Portable 25hp Specs
Engine Type: 2 cyl.
Bore x Stroke: 65 x 65.1mm / (2.56 x 2.56 in)
Prop Shaft Horsepower: 25hp at 5500 RPM
Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 - 6000 RPM
Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 16 Amp
Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
Fuel Induction System: EFI
Weight*: 57kg (126 lbs) - 65kg (143 lbs)
Recommended Fuel: Octane 87
Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel / Water Separating Filter (external)
Warranty: Limited 3-year Pleasure, 3-year Government, 1-Year Commercial
About the Portable 25hp
Our 432-cc 25-hp portable outboard sports a new, streamlined, portable design and class-leading power-to-weight. In fact, it’s the lightest 25-hp outboard on the water—two-stroke or four-stroke. While its streamlined design is 25 percent lighter, it still packs exciting features like battery-less EFI. Pull-start models can now take advantage of this feature, plus the system is designed with an automatic decompression device to require even less effort for manual starting.
- Available for remote mechanical or tiller-handle control
- Only 126 pounds (15” shaft model)
- Available in 15” and 20” shaft lengths
- Powerful 16-amp alternator
- Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®) is standard when equipped with new factory-equipped tiller handle or optional Multi-Function Tiller Handle, a Command Link® tachometer or dash mounted VTS switch
* Weight refers to shortest shaft length, and is measured without motor oil, gearcase oil and propeller (except models 25 hp and under, which include a standard propeller).